Welcome to Harrison County, Iowa
Enjoy online payment options for your convenience!
- Property Tax..............(712) 644-2750
- Motor Vehicle............ (712) 644-2144
- Driver’s License.........(712) 644-2371
- For assistance determining the documents you will need to bring with you, please click here.
- Fax.............................(712) 644-2057
- County Website...........www.harrisoncountyia.org
- Office Staff:
- Shelia Phillips - Treasurer
- Heather Edney - Driver's License Deputy
- Nancy Cox - Property Tax Deputy
- Megan Reffett - Property Tax Clerk
- Shawna Clark - Motor Vehicle Deputy
- Patty Chumbley -Motor Vehicle Clerk
Discover, Mastercard, Visa and e-Check are accepted for Internet Transactions.
Payment Methods Accepted in Office:
- Credit Cards (2.25% fee)
- Debit Cards ($2.00 fee)
- Check, Money Order or Cashier's Check
A $30.00 returned check fee will be assessed on any payments returned due to insufficient funds
Shelia K. Phillips, Treasurer
Took Office January 2015
Welcome! We are here to assist you with your property tax, motor vehicle, and driver’s license needs. For your convenience you can now pay property tax and vehicle tags online. Many of the forms you might need for completing transactions in our office may also be available here on our website. Our mission is to provide efficient and courteous service to the citizens of Harrison County. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.
Motor Vehicle Forms
Application for Title - Form 411007
Application for Duplicate Title - 411033
Application for Security Interest - 411046
*PLEASE NOTE: THE DRIVER'S LICENSE DEPARTMENT CLOSES AT 4:00 P.M. MONDAY-FRIDAY*
- Motor Vehicle and Property Taxes.............Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- You must arrive no later than 4:15 pm to ensure your transaction is completed that day
- Driver’s License..........................................Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
**ATTENTION CDL HOLDERS**
Federal regulations require you to bring proof of citizenship or lawful presence to renew or upgrade your CDL. Please call our office at 712-644-2371 to determine the documents you will need to bring with you.
New Year’s Day - January 1st, 2021
President's Day - February 15th, 2021
Memorial Day - May 31st, 2021
Independence Day - July 5th, 2021
Labor Day - September 6th, 2021
Veteran’s Day - November 11th, 2021
Thanksgiving - November 25th-26th, 2021
Christmas - December 24th-25th, 2021
Harrison County Treasurers’ Office
111 N 2nd Ave
Logan, IA 51546
The Handicap entrance is located on the West side of the Courthouse
Bill of Sale Required for Transferring Vehicle Titles Beginning January 1, 2020
Effective January 1, 2020, the Harrison County Treasurer’s Office will require customers to provide a bill of sale when transferring titles for all motor vehicles, campers and trailers between private parties. A bill of sale of purchase agreement is already required for vehicles purchased from a dealership. The Bill of Sale must include the seller’s name, make of the vehicle, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), buyer’s name, date of sale, purchase price and signature of seller and buyer. Click here for a sample bill of sale form.
All Iowans with current licenses or ID's, click here for information on obtaining a REAL ID before October 1st, 2021
What is a REAL ID?
Passed by Congress in 2005, the REAL ID Act enacted the 9/11 Commission's recommendation that the Federal Government “set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.” The Act established minimum security standards for state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards and prohibits Federal agencies from accepting for official purposes licenses and identification cards from states that do not meet these standards. States have made considerable progress in meeting this key recommendation of the 9/11 Commission and every state has a more secure driver's license today than before the passage of the Act.
PERSONALIZE YOUR LICENSE PLATE, CHECK AVAILABILITY, AND RESERVE IT
Iowa veterans can now add a Veteran designation to their drivers license or nonoperator identification cards. PLEASE NOTE, this designation can only be added when the license or identification card is being renewed, or, if you are being issued for the first time. (For example, if you are moving in from out of state.) Please visit the Harrison County Veterans Affairs office to receive the form to have this designation added to your drivers license or identification card.
2021 Tax Sale Information
The 2021 annual Tax Sale will be held by the Harrison County Treasurer on Monday, June 21st, 2021, at the Harrison County Courthouse, 111 N 2nd Ave, Logan, Iowa 51546, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Bidders will place their bids online. The auction site can be accessed by going to www.iowataxauction.com
Guidelines to be eligible for bidding at tax sale:
- Register online at www.iowataxauction.com. No mailed or emailed registrations will be accepted.
- Registration begins Monday, May 24th, 2021 and ends Thursday, June 17th, 2021.
- Pay a non-refundable $45.00 registration fee via E-check
- Complete the online W-9 form
Please click on the following link for additional information:
2020 Notice to Tax Sale Purchasers